All the work we receive through ACT relies on contacts with producers, casting directors and theatres. While a lot of these are already established with breakdowns coming through Spotlight, there is a lot of high profile work in film, TV and theatre for which we never see any casting breakdowns. As an agency we all need to be on the look-out for any “leads” and to follow them up. Ways of doing this are listed below.
What to do #
As a client #
- Choose a theatre company/programme that you really want to work in and find out who casts it.
- Make a short bullet point list of why you would be good for this programme.
- Let the agency know (in a meeting) that this is what you’d like us to work for on your behalf.
As an Agent #
- In addition to responding to Spotlight subs, be proactive. Check Dramanic/ Theatre company websites/ Social Media. Are there any new opportunities here?
- If you see a casting director/theatre company/series that you haven’t heard of before, check if we have notes in TagMin. Do we need to make ourselves known to them? If yes:
- Can we follow them on Twitter/Insta?
- Should we send them a client list (to be found in Marketing Team/Client Lists)
- Do we need to push any particular clients?