Since the Covid-19 pandemic we have gathered all our day-to-day IT systems under one place: The Google Chrome Browser. The idea being, once you are successfully logged in there, you have access to all you need to perform your AOD duties.
When you log in to your Chrome Browser as ACT, you will see a home page that can give you access to our emails, the Tagmin system, Spotlight, key documents and our social media accounts.
You can scroll through this image to see what is currently on our home page. Links are active so you can select from here too.
To log in for the first time, or if you are setting up on a new device, follow these instructions and/or the video.
- Download Chrome Browser (if you don’t already have it installed)
- If you are doing it for the first time, you can probably just sign straight in, moving to instruction X
- To sign into the Chrome Browser, select the circular icon next to the address bar
- Select the +Add option
- Give the name ACT and select ADD
- Find and select “Already a Chrome user? Sign in”
- In the box marked “Email or phone” add “actorscreativeteam” (all one word)
- Add the current password (ask NLB or a member of the IT team if you do not know it)
- *UPDATE* Do not choose the option to Sync, just close the box
- You should now see our home screen with all useful icons. If you don’t select the home button on the left of the address bar
Our shared Google account also houses several documents in the Google drive, such as The Weekly Journal or Meeting Previews. However, since our move to Office 365, many of our day-to-day documents are kept in our One Drive. All documents, however, can be accessed through the Google Chrome Browser.
The password to our account will be changed regular and/or when a member leaves the agency.