Josephine Arden appears in the latest Halifax commercial, available to...Read More
If you’re an actor within reach of London, looking for representation and you have found yourself here, then you’re probably considering co-operative agencies.
Our books are currently open.
Read through these boxes and see if we might be a good match for each other!
We warmly welcome a diverse range of actors of all ethnicities, backgrounds and identities. We are especially interested in hearing from actors who are not currently well-represented on our books, including BAME and mature actors.
All applicants must be in Spotlight.
As well as providing excellent representation, our agency has a reputation for being one of the friendliest in the business and we foster a genuine community spirit. We encourage our members to do everything possible to help succeed in their careers through regular feedback, profiling nights and industry contact development. As a co-op we also offer very competitive commission rates.
What we are looking for in prospective members:
As well as being a talented actor/actress you must also be capable of working in an office/acting agency environment. Office and phone skills are important, as is being computer literate, but most skills can be learned and we have a training programme for new members. You should consider carefully whether you have, or can develop, the skills required to look after and manage the careers of other actors/actresses as well as your own.
Being a co-operative agency, we all share responsibility for the day to day running of the agency. The commitment required from members is approximately 3 days per month. Our office hours are 10am till 6pm. Attendance at the fortnightly meetings, as well as covering the work of existing members and seeing the work of new applicants, is also part of the commitment.
All members make financial commitments to the agency in the following ways:
- An initial investment of £100 at the start of your three-month trial, to cover your training.
- All members also voluntarily contribute £20 per month towards the running costs of the office, i.e. rent, phone lines etc.
- When a client is working, and the commission they earn for the agency covers their rental contributions, these are refunded.
- Regarding Commission, as a co-operative, our rates are lower than those typically charged by conventional agents.
For live performance: up to 10%
For recorded media: up to 12.5%
We operate a sliding scale with reduced commission rates for lower paid jobs
If you are a skilled and dedicated professional interested in becoming a member of the agency, please email or post us your headshot and CV along with a letter explaining why a co-op is right for you.
- Do enclose details of any current work with your application. Give us plenty of notice!
- Do have a look at our currently represented clients to ensure you are not a ‘clash’ with any agency members.
Once we have reviewed the details sent in by new applicants and if we feel there is room for you at the agency, we will endeavour to see your work if you are in a production.
You may then be invited in for an initial interview and audition with members of the agency. We’ll want to know about you as an actor and as a potential agent, so have a think about the following points before attending the interview:
- how you see yourself cast
- what acting work you would and would not do
- what you are currently doing to find work
- what sort of non-acting work you do to support yourself, given the office day commitment we require
- what skills you might bring to the agency
- what your expectations are
Do be patient with your application as decisions are discussed by all members and this can take a bit of time. We aim to let all applicants know the outcome of their application, be it positive or not.